Your sports. Your search.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The PGA Championship & my fantasy golf picks

Hey ya'll hope everyone is having a safe and fun week so far. The PGA Championship is upon us and it looks to be another great golf tournement this year. My question is will an American player win it this year for America's first major win after 5 attempts at a major title failed due to the monsterous power of the europeans as well as South Africa (I'm a fan of South African golf because i'm part african so it's in my roots but American gollf is still no.1 to me) with guys like Louis Oosthuizen and Charl Schwartzel winning majors recently with Schwartzel winning the masters this year. American pro golfers are looking embarrasing right ow going on a streak of not winning a major. Phil Mickelson was the last American to win a major when he won the masters last year. I honestly believe that an American WILL in fact win the PGA Championship this week. I have my yahoo! fantasy golf picks for the PGA championship this week and for my A-list players I chose Luke Donald and Matt Kuchar. I picked Luke because I am a big fan of his and plus he lived in my hometown of Chicago for a long time and played golf for Northwestern, but my obviously I really wouldn't mind seeing Matt Kuchar pull it off since he is an American and is still a guy that always puts himself in contention at any major he plays in. So that's my A-list guys. As for my B-list guysI have Steve Stricker, Bubba Watson, D.A. Points and Jeff "Boom Baby!!!" Overton. The two best players out of the four probably have to be Steve Stricker and D.A. Points. Steve Stricker obviously because he's the highest ranked American golfer right now plus he has a win under his belt this year. The reason why I put D.A. (Chicago native) over Bubba is because D.A. also has won a tournemnet this year with his win coming at Pebble Beach. As for Overton, this is a guy that was arguably the best player on last year's U.S. Ryder Cup squad and seems like a clutch golferf and that's very important in the majors. Finally, I have my C-list which contains Rory Mcilroy and bomber Robert Garrigus. Rory.....that's all I need to say. Rory. You know who I'm talking about. Record breaking performance at the U.S. Open this year? remember? Yup, same dude. As for Garrigus, this dude can obviously bomb it off the tee which is important in the game of golf but how will he putt? Most long hitters arent very good putters even though Robert is a solid putter on tour. As long as he keeps bombing it off the tee and as long as he MAKES PUTTS then he will definently have a shot at the seasons final major championship. So those are my picks! By the way my team name is "Da Royales". This should be a very fun week and i'm very excited about what will happen at the PGA. Who will pull it off? Will it be an American? A European? Will we see a legendary performance? Only time will tell my friends. Only time will tell. First round is this thursday. We are very close. Once again my pick to win it this week is Matt Kuchar. I was actually considering Harrison Frazar or Steve Stricker but I think "kuch" will be very VERY hungry for that major this week and this is a guy that is one of the most dangerous players on tour. He's all around. Power, Accuracy, Short Game and Putting. That's a formula for success.I'm keeping my eye on Frazar and Stricker though. These guys look pretty good as well. So Matt Kuchar will be our 2011 PGA Championnship.....champion! By the way i'm going off topic but to all my gamers, NBA 2k12 and MADDEN NFL 12 look freakin sweet!!! I WANT BOTH RIGH FREAKIN NOW MAN!!! awwww yeaaa boiiiii! Well, tillnext time ya'll....PEACE!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment